Product Categories >
OLS-56 Laser Source 1310/1550nm SM+850/1300nm MM
A complete line of SMART, future-proof optical laser sources to suit every application
The OLS-55 and OLS-56 SMART Optical Laser Sources are designed to suit every application from PON to Gigabit Ethernet. These handheld light sources offer the flexibility to test, install, and maintain singlemode and multimode fiber optic networks.
The OLS-55 and OLS-56 SMART Optical Laser Sources can be part of a SMART Optical Test Kit. The SMART Optical Test Kits contain all of the tools, including instruments and accessories, necessary to perform professional-grade power or loss tests in the field.
- A laser source with up to four wavelengths for singlemode and multimode applications.
- Output level adjustment ensures correct power for every application.
- Communication with JDSU's optical power meters for auto-lambda, TWINtest, and TRIPLEtest functions.
- High output level stability via a built-in optical isolator and optical power control.
- New Visual Fault Locator Option
- Testing for all of the industry's newest applications including FTTx/PON, DWDM, CWDM, 40 Gbps, Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet.
- The OLS-55 and OLS-56 SMART Optical Laser Sources offer greater flexibility and higher accuracy for installing and maintaining multimode datacom networks and LANs as well as for maintaining and repairing singlemode fibers in communication, telecommunications, and CATV-multimedia networks.
- Adjustable output power level.
- A unique power supply management system on the market with 4-way powering
- A USB port for remote operation as well as easy report generation and analysis.
- A robust, shock-proof, and splash-proof design for field operation.
- One-handed operation in the field.
- Quick start operation, requiring no warm-up time and reducing testing time.
- Illumated graphical display which shows up to 3 measurements simultaneously
- Large storage capability up to 1000 results with automatic date/time stamp
Purchase / Rental Options Available
| ||Buy Refurbished|
QUICK Quotation Request
Need a quick quote? Please submit your contact details and test equipment requirements below and we'll be in contact within 4 business hours!
Please note we are an Australian based company
Note: Some users of Chrome, Google's web browser, have experienced submission issues with our quick quote request, which our Web Administrator is looking into. Please use Internet explorer or Mozilla's firefox in the mean time or contact us free on 1800 680 680
Need to send your JDSU 2279/05 for calibration or repair assessment?
Our temperature and static controlled Calibration Laboratory and Repair Facilites are staffed by fully credentialed professionals who are meticulous in their attention to detail, operates in full compliance with strict standards of measurement and reporting.
TMG provides a uniquely single point to send all of your RF, AC, DC, Optical and Video related test equipment for careful checking.
Please "Click-to-Call", dial 1800 680 680 or Contact us via email with your support requirements.
USEFUL Technical References