Product Categories >
Rohde & Schwarz
RF Signal Generator, 9 kHz to 3 / 6 GHz
The R&S SMA100A combines superior signal quality with very high setting speed, which makes it ideal for any task. Whether in development, production, service or maintenance, the R&S SMA100A does an excellent job.
In the frequency range from 9 kHz to 6 GHz, it can generate CW signals as well as all common types of analog modulation (AM, FM, φM, pulse modulation). Excellent specifications and a wide range of modulation signals – these are the characteristic features of the R&S® SMA100A. In addition, a low-jitter clock synthesizer option supplies differential clock signals of up to 1.5 GHz independently of the RF frequency.
Excellent signal quality
Ideal for use in production
- Very low SSB phase noise of typ. –135 dBc (20 kHz carrier offset, f = 1 GHz, 1 Hz measurement bandwidth), typ. –140 dBc with the Enhanced Phase Noise Performance option (R&S SMA-B22)
- Wideband noise of typ. –160 dBc (>10 MHz carrier offset, f = 1 GHz, 1 Hz measurement bandwidth)
- Nonharmonics of typ. –100 dBc (>10 kHz carrier offset, f < 1500 MHz, with the R&S SMA-B22 option)
Mil / Aero applications
- Very short frequency and level setting times of <3 ms across the entire frequency and level range, <450 μs in the list mode
- Fast hopping mode with flexibly addressable frequency and level pairs, as fast as normal list mode
- Frequency setting time of typ. <10 μs within a bandwidth of 40 MHz due to direct access to the DDS-based synthesizer (with the R&S SMA-B20 or -B22 option)
- Electronic attenuator with built-in overvoltage protection over entire frequency range
- High output power of up to +18 dBm, overrange +28 dBm
- Very high level accuracy and repeatability
- Pulse modulator with excellent characteristics (on/off ratio >80 dB, rise/fall time typ. 10 ns)
- Pulse generator integrated as standard
- Optional high-performance pulse generator with minimum pulse width of 20 ns (R&S SMA-K23)
- Optional VOR/ILS modulation (R&S® SMA-K25)
Intuitive operating concept
- Frequency range of 9 kHz to 3 GHz / 6 GHz
- Frequency, level and LF sweeps
- AM, broadband FM/φM (R&S SMA-B20 or -B22), pulse modulation
- Built-in LF generator up to 1 MHz, optional multifunction generator (R&S SMA-K24) up to 10 MHz
- Optional low-jitter clock synthesizer up to 1.5 GHz (R&S SMA-B29)
- Intuitive user interface with graphical display of signal flow (block diagram)
- Context-sensitive online help
- Remote control via GPIB or LAN
- USB connectors (e.g. for keyboard, mouse, memory stick)
- Connector for R&S® NRP power sensors for precise power measurements
- Selectable SCPI- or 8662A/63A-compatible IEC/IEEE bus command set
- Control via remote operation tool (e.g. VNC)
Purchase / Rental Options Available
| ||Buy Refurbished|
QUICK Quotation Request
Need a quick quote? Please submit your contact details and test equipment requirements below and we'll be in contact within 4 business hours!
Need to send your Rohde & Schwarz SMA100A for calibration or repair assessment?
Our temperature and static controlled Calibration Laboratory and Repair Facilites are staffed by fully credentialed professionals who are meticulous in their attention to detail, operates in full compliance with strict standards of measurement and reporting.
TMG provides a uniquely single point to send all of your RF, AC, DC, Optical and Video related test equipment for careful checking.
Please "Click-to-Call", dial 1800 680 680 or Contact us via email with your support requirements.
RELATED SHORT FORM Catalogues
USEFUL Technical References